Old May 27th 10, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Keith

Default Which board is better?

what are your RAM settings- on my P35 board with Corsair PC6400
(CM2x1024-6400C4) RAM, I cannot run 4 x 1 GB at 400 MHz only 270 , so I run
only 2 x 1 GB at higher speeds to avoid RAM errors.

"Gorby" wrote in message
I have an P35C-DS3R with an C2D Q9650 with 4x1 Gig Corsair DDR2 RAM.

I have been looking at getting either an EP45-DS4 or EP45-UD3 motherboard.
These are the only available at the local stores as most MBs are now DDR3.

I've looked at the differences, but don't really understand why 2oz of
extra copper in the MB is any better.
It is said that the extra copper makes the board run cooler. But the DS4
has extra cooling on the board with its heatpipe setup over the
Northbridge, etc.

The major difference I see is the DS4 has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports.

Which do you think is a "better" board? Which one is newer?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Gorby