Old June 26th 16, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default server (tower case) power supply?

I bought a box of computer parts at a garage sale. I guess it came
from a business: it had things like KVM switch and 8-port GbE routers.
There was a strange power supply. It was 550 W but had no 6-pin plugs
for graphics cards. It had 8 SATA connectors and 4 PATA molex connectors,
which were on very long cables, at least a metre.
I presume this was made specially for servers in tall tower cases.