Old April 5th 04, 02:30 AM
JAD

Wow, haven't talked about pulsar watches in some time. I have a
Pulsar time computer. The last of the LED era. Red and emerald green
readout, huge and pretty darn ugly ;^) but works like a
charm. I have another that I haven't thought about for some time, it
was a graduation present from my folks (circa 1976), you got me
hunting for it now.

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Piotr Makley wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote:

Wise people in the know who
weren't overly image-conscious bought Pulsar and saved
approximately 40% and got the exact same ultra-reliable watch.
They're made in the same factory, they just go to a different
'finishing line' where they are fitted into either a Seiko or
a Pulsar case.

But what about quality control? Is that different?

No, not at all. I happened to be in a jewellers shop when a

Seiko/Pulsar rep
was there, just as they bought out the Pulsar brand. He was

explaining it to
the shop owner. The internals come off the same production-line, go

through
the same QT, and are then diverted to either the Seiko or Pulsar

'finishing'
line (for fitting into cases), depending on demand.

As I said, my Pulsar hasn't given me a moments trouble in the 10

years I've
had it. I told a guy who owned a Seiko (that he paid heaps more for)

about
it and he didn't believe me until I showed him that they have the

same
'double
wave' logo on the back (both watches are 100m water resist).
--
~misfit~