Old August 26th 09, 06:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Sexy one

Default Is AMD doing well again?

I agree with you
"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:46:53 -0600, rms wrote:

I built my current computer in the beginning of 2008. I went to New
Egg today and I was very impressed with their new Phenom II cpus. They
have pretty much every power feature you could want. So have they
restored their reputation with gamers?

It's clear that intel cpus, especially the latest i7 or whichever
cores,
are dramatically faster than any amd offering. That being said, amd's
newer cpus are 'fast enough' for most people -- and most gamers -- fast
enough that other factors like disgust at intel's predatory marketing
practices, nostalgia or inertia, will keep people buying amd. This
includes me.

rms

I wouldn't say they are dramatically faster but they are dramatically
more expensive,:-)

Most people these days need nothing more than a $50 AMD cpu. Spending
hundreds or even a thousand more for some Intel cpu's is just a waste of
money.