Old June 24th 04, 08:40 PM
Amit Brabbing

the model is - geforce4 mx 4000 8x-64bit tv ddr 128mb

I don't think the card has a fault because I have tested another geforce4 mx
440-se and the results were almost the same.
I am starting to think the card is too advance for the motherboard.
Maybe the ddr memory is a kind of a problem? The memery on the motherboard
is sdram.

"CapFusion" CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com wrote in message

"Amit Brabbing" wrote in message
Hi,
I have an asus model p3v4x motherboard with a via appollo pro133A

chipset
I got a new nvidia geforce4 mx 4000 instead of an old voodo3.
I tried to install the new video card and it did not worked well. Most

of
the times it caused a full system halt or shut down.
I searched the internet and changed the bios setup so it will work in

agp
2x
mod instead of 4x mod.

I also updated the display drivers and installed the via 4in1 drivers.

The final result is:

The bios does not recognize my new geforce. The geforce is being

recognized
by the bios only after I previously worked with the old voodo3.

If the bios recognize the geforce it is working well. But after a

complete
shutdown the bios does not recognize the geforce anymore.

If the bios recognize the geforce then a restart (not a shutdown) won't
cause the bios to stop recognize the geforce.

What can be done to resolve the problem?

Thanks for the help

What is the exact model of that MX4000? Sound like a problem with the card
[guess].

CapFusion,...