Old July 1st 06, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default Economics of SATA hard drive

Warra wrote
Rod wrote

Find a cheaper PCI SATA adaptor on ebay.

ebay? No thank you. I find it goes like this on ebay:

œ1 for the PCI SATA card.
œ5 postage.
œ5 to œ10 for the time to complete a transaction and swap emails
and check credentials and confirm goods against description.
œ10 to chase spotty-faced ****** selling the item about delays.
œ10 for angst, grief and general wot-****ing-mess-this-is.

You clearly havent actually got a clue about using ebay.

There are plenty of commercial retail operations
that sell stuff on ebay and it isnt hard to work out
which ones those are using the feedback rating.

And if you cant find that card in a bricks and mortar operation
in that soggy little island of yours for a decent price,
http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...&btnG=Search+F
roogle&scoring=p you could get real radical and order it from somewhere
outside your country from a bricks and mortar operation that has decent
prices. Postage doesnt cost much on something like that.

And even then you find the card prolly does not work (whatever
price is asked). "I'll give you your œ1 back then mate and pay
the postage - you can't say fairer than that." **** off sonny,
after all the hassle I just want a working card.

Have you the remotest concept of how silly you look in the
eyes of those of us that have bought plenty of stuff like that
off ebay and havent got anything like the result you got ?

You are right that lots of people use eBay happily.

Yep, they wouldnt have the volume they do get if most got dudded.

But that has not been my experience.

Then you should get a clue and work out which of the
ebay sellers are retail operations that choose to use
ebay. Not a shred of rocket science required at all.

You say I look silly here. I also look damn silly too to
the vendors who have cost me money and have not
given me the goods as described! They love silly people.

Then you should get a clue and work out which of the
ebay sellers are retail operations that choose to use
ebay. Not a shred of rocket science required at all.

Better to look silly to you than to look silly
and lose money to an dodgy eBay vendor.

There aint just those two alternatives.

Also, if I factor in the costs of time and effort in managing
an ebay purchase then I feel I could save that hassle for
the cost of spending an extra bit of cash at a local store.

You were the one whining about how much they
want for that particular card you wanted to buy.

At least I get my goods and, thoeretically,
I have somewhere to go if they are defective.

Pity that you are the one whining about how much
they want for that particular card you wanted to buy.