Old December 11th 18, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
pheasant16

Default Updating an XP box

On 12/10/2018 12:52 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 06:44:14 -0600, pheasant16
wrote:

Not a gamer, just need a newer OS to run current browsers so can do
things on websites that don't accept what works on XP any more.

Should handle W7 easily.
Socket: AM3
Clockspeed: 3.1 GHz
No of Cores: 3
Typical TDP: 95 W

I'd mistook you keeping both OS. You're good to go also with PCIE SSD,
although I'd question the point with only a browser in hand.

And I'd need the real experience of running both PCIe Gen3x2 M.2
against SATA SSD for an impression of applicable benefits. Presumably
perhaps a couple times faster than SATA, although I might advance, on
a loan, that you really can't expect HTML5 to look any prettier for
it.

You'll also need more help with XP and how all that works: having an
assembled hardware platform -- in subsequent preparation of stages and
processes for "bringing it all up" into its intended final
configuration.

Thanks guys.

You've given me the encouragement to attempt it. So when the snow flies
and alma mater has another championship put away will be looking for a
winter project.
If I have trouble bringing it back, know where to come for advice.
Thanks again.