Old December 11th 18, 04:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default PCIe , Was: Updating an XP box

Bill wrote:

Paul, Thank you for your detailed explanation. I got the point!
Maybe some details besides speed will emerge about these two
technologies. I've learned about the 4 or so types of "cell technology",
single, double, octal, etc.--though I may be abusing their appropriate
names in favor of how I think about them.

Bill

Your computer is only as good as the weakest link.

The seek time of your two device types is low, and
much lower than a HDD. Either drive type would solve
the seek time problem.

The most visible improvement is at boot time. Some
other things, you might forget you got an SSD.

One other thing I noticed, is how much faster
a 32 bit OS boots (because it supports less RAM).
After the pudgy boot times on all the 64 bit OSes here,
I was kinda shocked about how fast the first
boot of the 32 bit system was. It got slower later
in the day, after I added some stuff in and it
did some updates. But at least what that showed
me, is the amount of RAM when I boot 64 bit, is
having an impact on how long I have to wait.
SSD or no SSD.

Paul