Old September 7th 07, 12:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.lang.asm.x86
dave

Default SSE Extension Wars

In alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 Tim Roberts wrote:
" wrote:

On Sep 4, 5:41 am, dave wrote:
SSE extension wars heat up between Intel and AMD

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=719

And, as history almost *always* indicates, Intel will win. EMT was an
abhorration.

I'm not so sure that's true. Sooner or later, every monopoly gets toppled,
and AMD has made some very surprising progress in the battle against Intel.
Do they have enough of a foothold to stay? I'm not sure, but I don't think
they're through yet.

I was amused by "abhorration", which seems like it should be a word, but
unfortunately is not. The word you were reaching for is "aberration".

Horriffic is now used so frequently that it might as well be considered a word.
Abhorration may follow the path of horriffic.--