Old June 17th 04, 03:12 AM
Photon

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
But are any of the IP cameras weatherproof? I have yet to see one that is.

I bought a $30 indoor camera on a close-out sale and installed it high on
the gable end of the garage over the big door. I intended to slip a jar of
some kind over it to keep the rain and snow off, but the camera has a bunch
of IR LEDs built in for illumination, and they reflected badly off the jar.
Thinking this was a short term project, I simply taped a piece of plastic
food wrap tightly around the camera. It has been through two years of heat
and cold, rain and snow, and has never missed a beat.