Old June 9th 04, 05:59 PM
Don Wiss

On 9 Jun 2004 00:36:55 -0700, (Peter) wrote:

There is an ongoing discussion thread on IP camera. I saw some good
discussions about security system installers putting IP cameras in
shops. I checked out the web site shown in the discussion thread. It
seems that all the functions needed for a typical shop are all there
(motion detection, video recording, video output to quad processor and
monitor, ...). The video quality also looks good.

But are any of the IP cameras weatherproof? I have yet to see one that is.
My future application (which is why I read these threads) is to monitor my
front doors. One camera can get both, and the back is protected and doesn't
need monitoring. So mine would be a simple single camera application. But
the camera has to be outside.

Don donwiss at panix.com.