Old February 12th 04, 12:15 PM
Dunny Rummy

Default How good are SATA drives compared to IDE drives?

I would like to try a Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB drive but
would like to know if they are better than the IDE drive I am using.
My mobo supports SATA (ASUS A7N8X Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1007) and has a
primary SATA and secondary SATA. What is the better usage for a SATA
drive (i.e. for OS or data)? Can a Primary SATA be drive "C:\"? Can I
configure my mobo so that the raptor will be the primary drive over
the primary IDE If I use it for my operating system or is it better to
use a SATA Raptor as a logical drive for data storage?
TIA.