Old March 16th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_4_]

Default LCD larger size -- what for ??

In article , Mark Morrison wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 03:44:08 -0700 (PDT), Beladi Nasrallah
wrote:

So, here is my question: why should I go for a higher-resolution and
higher-size monitor ?

I wouldn't (and haven't) - I'm still on the 17" widesreen I bought
about 3 years back.

OMG, that must look tiny on your desk!!!

I'm happy with the screen size and resolution I play at. If I got a
bigger monitor, it would necessitate getting a new graphics card, just
to play the same game. If I upgraded to a 22" or similar, I'd have to
got a PCI-E powered system, meaning a new PC.

I will get a new monitor eventually, but only as part of a completely
new system.