Old May 1st 04, 06:19 PM
Ian Hastie

On Sat, 01 May 2004 18:56:40 +0200, Andreas Bittner wrote:

"AU" wrote in message
Does anybody own or
have any experience with the Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard? I know that
the first version of this board (not SE) had some

i have the se-less one.

Same here.

issues, and it seemed like it was more than just bad capacitors on
limited

and what do you mean with issues?

The only issues I know of withe the original K8V Deluxe were to do with a
bad batch of capacitors. This was solved before the one I have was made.

there are not issues at all i can tell
you. suse 9.0 x86_64 or 9.1 x86_64 is running just fine on it. and i
thought that the se edition some some kind of "light" release of it, as i
think asus have had several se versions of their motherboards, all lacking
some capabilities and features that the se-less versions all had if i am
not mistaken.

I compared the description in their manuals. The only difference I could
see was that the SE has it's ethernet chip from a different supplier. The
chip itself is the same though. I've also read that some people have had
problems with the SE ethernet chip under Linux. Apparently there is a
problem with it's firmware.

I have come across a bigger list of differences, but can't remember where.
Most of them were fairly trivial. Certainly no missing capabilities.

shipments. Though the Asus K8V Deluxe earned many positive reviews and
recommendations, there are several forums which show many frustrated
people having great difficulty getting it to run acceptably - or even
to run at all, in some cases. Memory problems, IDE problems, frequent
crashing and general instability... it all leaves one feeling somewhat
less than enthusiastic about the original K8V.

not me. it is running pretty neat.

Same here. Very nice board.

did you actually check the exact features and differences between the se
and the "se-less" ?

i dont really see the differences

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=01
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=01