Old January 22nd 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Default Bios Setup Utility Issue

My 6 year old Gateway keeps booting to the BIOS Setup Utility screen.
When I save and exit I keep getting: "Jumper must be returned to normal
posistion for settings ro take effect. It is safe to turn the system off
now." I turn off the computer and then start it up again with the same
result.

I have researched the problem and have downloaded the BIOS from Gateway
and copied to a floppy. I have removed the jumper so the machine loads
from the diskette. I have waited and then replaced the jumper. I keep
getting the same result, i.e., the BIOS Utility setup.

Any ideas?