Old July 31st 03, 08:26 PM
Rich Heimlich

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte you wrote:

Try Mwave's bundle (mobo, RAM, and processor). The 2.8C and 1gb of Kingston
RAM is $700 including the $9 assemble/test option but not including

This I didn't even realize was an option. Sounds good to me to consider. I'll
look into it, though "assembly" in this case is pushing the definition of the
word. grin Testing it sounds like a nice benefit.

I'll pass on making any comments about your best route for reinstalling XP,
as I haven't done it. If it was me I would try to reinstall over the
existing version and test every app for proper operation. If you have
trouble, reinstall from scratch.

I do like to get a truly clean registry every so often otherwise I would install
right over top. I have a couple of minor OS nits going on right now that seem
registry related and no cleaning to date has fixed it.