Old July 31st 03, 08:18 PM
Rich Heimlich

Dodgy wrote:

In that case you might as well save your money and go for the
GA-8IK1100. It's the same as the 8KNXP but without the raid.

Excellent! I can't imagine what I'd use a RAID for as I have a single drive most
of the time thought right now I do have two 120GB drives and I'm not using the
second one.

I imagine 512 would be enough for your flight simming, I only put a
gig into my 8knxp because I'm a megalomaniac.

512mb has served me extremely well with this system.

There are some issues regarding memory with the 8knxp, and probably
the 8IK1100, but from what I've seen, pretty much all the 875
canterwood based motherboards are having one problem or another with
them. Luckily there are a few beta bioses floating about for the 8knxp
so there's an easy why round the problem.

Stability problems? Massive speed issues? Should I forget about 875 boards over
this?

I always tend to upgrade my C drive at the same time as changing the
motherboard. Then I can do a nice clean install, plug the old drive in
as D, copy what I want off it and them format it.

Interesting thought but I'm not using most of my 120GB and that's pretty rare,
plus I'd rather not have the additional cost when the need isn't essential.