Old October 15th 04, 12:45 PM
David Maynard

Dave C. wrote:

"seabat" wrote in message

OK, I've put together two systems so far, and in each new case there
was a little L-shaped bracket about 2" long. What the heck is that
damn thing used for?? The hole in the short leg of the bracket is too
big to use any of the case screws with, they just slide on through!!
It has a punch-out that looks like it might slide/clip onto something,
but where..........and WHY??

Thanks!

--
The Seabat

It sounds like an optional locking mechanism included with some cases. You
bolt it onto the case somewhere so that the short leg slides through the
side door when you install the side door. Then you can use a padlock to
lock it. I've never thought that this would be much use, though. If you
are inclined to steal something inside the case, it would be easier just to
walk away with the whole case. -Dave

You can anchor it with a chain or wire cable through the same padlock.