Old April 17th 19, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Filip454[_2_]

Default How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screen ina Dell Latitude

W dniu 2019-04-18 oÂ*00:00, RayLopez99 pisze:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 5:38:22 AM UTC-4, Filip454 wrote:
W dniu 2019-04-16 oÂ*06:33, RayLopez99 pisze:
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 3:29:10 PM UTC-4, RayLopez99 wrote:

Just be sure to backup your most important data to HDD. Cheap SSDs are
more prone to fail in general.

OK thanks, this was a $40 SSD drive like Flasherly implies, came with no software 'wizard' apps, so to overprovision I can set up another partition and never use it, or, if I read the internet correctly, if this is a 250 GB drive and I never put more than 200 GB on it (and I don't plan to, it's not even half full and I have no plans to add more programs or files to it), then it's already "overprovisioned" by 250-200 = 50 GB, right? I think so.

I'll just make a mental note to never exceed the 200 GB limit and backup religiously.

RL

Well size is the biggest issue when it comes to backup your data. So be
happy that you utilize only 200 GB.

Data hoarding can ruin your whole backup plan.
All my disks are full right now and none of them has a mirror. So I play
Russian roulette every day

HDDs are still too expensive in my opinion. They should be much cheaper,
considering it is an old piece of technology.

--
Filip454
]