Old April 16th 19, 10:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Filip454[_2_]

Default Congratulations! You are King of All Idiots' Day Fixes

W dniu 2019-04-16 oÂ*02:19, Flasherly pisze:

AMD FX-Series FX-4100 Zambezi FD4100WMW4KGU Socket AM3+ 95W CPU

Burnt like hell when I touched the heatwick pipes.

That connector TOSLINK problem, I had to reseat the soundboard, after
first cutting a tin strip out between the backplane case PCI
connection slots. TOSLINK connection was being stopped from full
seating by the tin strip.

So - a triode sound-processing module's oversampling option was then
slowing processing down, initially, and stuttering. (What in the Holy
I Hell?)

So - after initially, Stage II, I'm getting USB file copy problems
(What in the Holy II Hell?)

Whereupon I thunked, hardly for a second, to grabbed aholt of the CPU
heatwick pipe, burning myself into the State of Blissful
Enlightenment.

A cable was in the fan blades and had stopped the CPU fan.

I've never done that before. My first time time up running a uncooled
CPU.

At least I know that's not good. Not anywhere near, but, still,
you've got to give credit where credit's due:

That IS one hell of an AMD CPU, used, and directly from the Singapore
market.

Overprovisioned for 3.8Ghz it has a reputation for a solid 4.4Ghz
overclocker.

I don't overclock much. What I strictly do, apparently, is to
overheat CPUs. Big Time. It read a 99C through the BIOS and was
apparently pegged.

It makes me so happy to be in the Golden Age of cheap computers.

In fact, if you're looking for a CPU you want to take a 2lb.-mallet
to, I'm your guy.

One word: Bulldozer.

And it was always like this (picrel).

--