Old April 16th 19, 08:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Congratulations! You are King of All Idiots' Day Fixes

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 00:49:03 -0400, Paul
wrote:

On my 156W processor, the CPU runs at 45C, and that's
because the cooler is *huge*. You won't find any scalding
pipes on that thing. But the cooler is so big, it's hard
to work inside the PC.

--

It's, probably, the wonders of AMD's (tm) "Cool and Quiet"
technology;- there's also another level of BIOS protection related to

That nonsense was going on far too long, even though I did track it
down when it began affecting more serious system components than a
sound-module's oversamping immediately evident.

I also turned on the BIOS "system wide" warning "middle" setting for
160F.

It's a very large cooler unit, a Cooler-Master, large enough that I
can't at all easily mount its fan for facing opposite, into the PS
Unit, thus and unfortunately, it's facing an array of jumbled SATA
cables arising from the MB.

I can however easily fabricate a make-shift fan cover for the cooler's
large clip-on. Aluminum from a rain-gutter, hammered out straight on
my 100lb. vice handle with a mallet, clamped to wood and drilled for
venting. Might even look "nice" after bothering to file sharp edges
down.

I could then trademark the aluminum cover and engrave IDIOT on it.