Old March 22nd 19, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default “Avoid this Windows 7 patch unless you want nagging end-of-support warnings”

Lynn McGuire wrote:

Avoid this Windows 7 patch unless you want nagging end-of-support warnings

https://www.zdnet.com/article/avoid-...port-warnings/

Windows 7 end-of-support notifications to begin appearing on April 18,
2019.

"The update is available through Windows Update but will only
automatically install if the device is configured to receive automatic
updates."

There are still boob users visiting here (since non-visiting users won't
see this thread) that leave the WU client configured to automatic, so
Microsoft can modify the state of users' computer whenever they feel
like it? Review the list of proposed updates and research all of them
before installing any.

Windows 7 SP1 support notification
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...pdate-kb449313

From its description, nagging about end of support is ALL this update
does. What a worthless update. Not really an update. Just marketing
trying to move Win7 users to Win10. Well, at least it is nowhere as
corruptive and disruptive as was their GWX update.

Microsoft has been pushing lots of updates that are superfluous. I
don't remember how many Skype updates that I've had to mark "hide",
especially since I don't have Skype installed.