Old October 27th 03, 07:15 PM
AJM

Default Please help

Hi,

Can anyone give me some help please? I am a newbie with a limited amount of
knowledge (can be dangerous I know) I have a PC with an 'onboard video card'
I am trying to run the 'Simms' game and to be honest it is really
struggling, it becomes very slow and 'jerky' to a point where I cannot play
the game. I've checked the specifications and my system would seem to meet
them all. Anyway I thought I would put a newer video card in (Nvidia 32MB).
My problem is that when I start my PC as soon as windows XP starts the
screen goes black. I think windows XP is loading but I obviously cant see
it. After turning the PC off at the mains and restarting it I have to go
through the file checking procedure because the system was 'incorrectly
closed down'.at which point the system now locks up. I appreciate that I may
be a bit vague but is there a simple solution (please be kind)

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

PS my system also comes with a DVD drive unfortunately it wont play DVDs
either