Old December 20th 04, 05:32 PM

Default Re My second mobo GA-8KNXP Ultra rev 2.0 died

My second mobo GA-8KNXP Ultra rev 2.0 died

I have to agree that it is probably underpowered, especially when we don't
know what video card you are using. It's too bad that guys like Greg
Vederman of PC Gamer magazine are still recommending 300W power supplies in
both low-end and mid-range gaming computers. I could not do as such in good
conscience.

The video card Radeon 9200 256MB DDR TVO

I contacted Gigabyte to day and asked them about the power supply. The 300W could be a problem. Anyway im going to buy an at least 450W pwr supply.

And the best news is the mobo is already on its way to gigabyte for repairs
It should be back in 7-9 days )

Thanks for all your info
Herman