Old April 21st 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Heatsink installation

I have the new Sempron and motherboard because I already ordered it three
days ago, but here's my question. My $40 Zalman heatsink instructions say
to spread the thermal paste on the CPU. I thought you were supposed to just
put a dab of it on on these CPU's and the pressure of the heatsink would
spread out the paste. Is this correct or should I follow the directions and
go ahead and spread the paste? Would it hurt anything if I spread the
paste? Thanks.