Old July 6th 03, 06:00 PM
metronid

There are people who who answer various questions
I try to stay to one topic

I am able to answer questions on others topics
I usually let those questions alone

I leave installation problems to people
who do such things on a daily basis

Most people here can answer questions on a wide variety
of subjects

It is the sum of all the parts that may it one large total

Name calling is not part of this equation
Responding to such only intensifies the problem

Who is right and wrong seems to only make
it worse
People take sides
Armies mass
Engagement occurs
Innocent people are hurt

This is not a battleground
Do not make it one

"Winston" wrote in message

"metronid" wrote in message
I do not think that this newsgroup is dying
It may be a little constipated
Just needs something to get it moving properly

I visit priorityonesupport quite often
They seem to be getting many questions
It is also a pay site and people seem to paying
for information that is given here free

I also noticed that the chat forum packardbell site in
Europe is working and somewhat busy
They of course are giving information on the newer
systems

Most people here are capable of giving information on
the newer as well as the older ones

I noticed that the Brits are little diiferent in their
activities on the packardbell europe chat forum

I have some good things as well as bad things to say
I will keep my mouth shut on that

I actually like it here because the long time users are
nice and polite for the most part and it is a low key
group

I do actually visit the compaq newsgroups just
to see what is going on
I basically keep quiet there
I just collect data on complaints

This has allowed me to figure the inner workings on
many compaq power supplies and power supplies
for computers in general
I do not post there because I sell plans for modified
compaq power supplies
Actually I sell simple instructions for modifications
I am currently doing this for just one power supply
That is all I have available to me

I ramble
Ben will agree on this point

I am currently playing with bios
This is usually better left alone
I have one for the 450MB
I did not write it
I just explored what PB already had
It allows large HD support up to about 4.3 gigs

It is simply their bios that for the 450MB
with the PCI/ISA riser card
The one that says for the combo only

They lied or they were cautious

I also learned a little about a shared isa/pci slot
It appears to me that each one in a system can actually be
made to be a shared one if any in the system are shared
This of course is limited by price and size restraints
And of course maufacturing
I can not manufacture from scratch

What I am wondering now is about mrbios updates
microfirmware

You must have their bios resident on a system to use
their updates
Can you flash with the wrong bios
Then use their update

I have an old 450MB
It could go south and never return
Just like messing around
As long as it has boot block
I can alays recover

I still have a problem
It is my problem
People who ask a question and do not respond

I just modified a disk for a calhoops2000 who
posted here
He emailed me back that the disk worked

I asked him if he could psot here
The reasoning
It helps other people looking for help
It also strengthens this group

I am rambling again

This is a reason that this group has less inquiries
People ask and get help and never respond

Damm I watch people pay 2.99 per minute and say
thank you
Are we doing something wrong
Or are we arrogant like the French state

I have only been here a short time, I have seen Mr. Elector fight with
trolls, I have seen Ben answer many questions, I have seen you do some
sort of restore process and I have noted that Mr. Elector relies on
your knowledge since he places an attention in the subject line for
you to be alerted to a poster plight.

I have seen all of the people here with the exception of this "RTFM"
person get along. I don't know this person of course so I will limit
my comments.

I have been awed by the friendships of many of you here. I have seen
total cooperation among the posters with names of Kc, Velix, Anthony,
Ben, TnT, Drydem, Metronid, Elector, Simon, and a few others. I hope
some day I can count you all as friends for now I am lurking and
learning. I am friends with Elector on another group under another
guise. I just think its bad that he has to spend his time getting rid
of trolls instead of enjoying his internet time on line. But that is
his choice and I have told him to let the troll posts and rants just
die out. He is a very stubborn man :-)

Oh well I commend you all for your assistance to others [this does not
include the troll] and may you all have a great Sunday with your
families.

W.