Old August 2nd 04, 01:46 AM
Shepİ

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:45:31 GMT As another one bit the dust "albert"
wrote :

I just went thru the identical problem, identical symptoms -- with an HP
CDRW about 3 years old.

I tried all sorts of stuff before I solved the problem. (the thread was in
this newsgroup -- titled: "problems with atapi (?) IDE controller (?) and
cd-r and dvd operation"..... July 26 --- note that to establish that it
was the unit rather than something else, I finally swapped in an old plain
CDROM that I knew worked -- and all the weirdness, flashing lights, etc.,
ended.)

It turned out to be solved simply by installing a new CDRW -- bought a
Memorex
at Circuit City for about $50, with a $20 mail-in rebate
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...qp=0&oid=94063

HTH

I think I did say it was,"Shagged"

--