Old June 23rd 03, 01:25 PM
Christoph

Default Best video card for around $200?

I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on video cards and have been
looking to get a new one. Currently, I have a geForce 420mx
and it's going ok but some of the games I've been getting lately
are running slow. And it's not the PC because it's incredibly fast
for regular apps.
I've got an nVidia MB (EPoX 8RDA+) and would like, if possible,
to get another nVidia video card. I know that the 5900 is going to
be coming out soon so that should drop the prices on the 5800
(currently around $250). But I heard and read several places that
the 5800 dropped the ball and kind of sucks. What about the 5600?
Is that any good?
If not the nVidia cards, are there other brands that wouldn't have a
problem with my motherboard? Ideally, I'd like it to have some of
the same features as my current video card: ability to hook up a
second monitor, virtual desktops, etc.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions you might have!

Christoph
---
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
Our war is a spiritual war. Our depression is our lives."
- Tyler Durden