Old November 29th 03, 12:12 AM
Brian from 11cb.com

Default problem with DVI connection (Samsung 191T and FX5600)

Hi all!
I have a problem with DVI connection on my Computer.
I can use Analog connection without any problem. But DVI connection
never works for me.

Here is what I got.

Intel P4 3.0GHz (HT enabled) w/Vantec VP-C7040
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe with BIOS Rev.1014 (P4CED14A)
2x Kingston HyperX 512MB DDR PC3200 CAS2 (Dual DDR Mode)
ASUS V9560VS fx5600 128MB with DVI-I and Analog (15PIN) VGA Connection
(ASUS 52.16 Driver and nVidia 52.16 Driver)
Built in Intel 1G NIC, Sound
Sony 16X DVD Rom on Secondary IDE as a Master Drive
Sony 52x CDRW on Primary IDE as a Master Drive
Sony 1.44NB FDD
2x WD 160GB JB (8MB Cache) with Raid 0
Samsung Syncmaster 191T 19" LCD with Dual Input (DVI and Analog) with
the newest driver
Lian Li Aluminum Case with Vantec VAN-400B 400Watt PSU
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 5.0.2.1002 Production
Version
Windows XP Pro w/SP1a

I've also tried...

MSI Ti4600 128MB
ATI AIW 9700 Pro

My Problem is...

DVI Connection never works for me.
Contacted Samsung Tech Support and I was told it was Defective
Monitor. So I got a replacement from newegg.
Replacement monitor didn't work. Contacted Samsung Tech Support again.
This time, they said it should be the video card.
Tried 3 different video cards with all different drivers. no luck...
Hooked up CRT monitor and connect 191T as a 2nd Monitor, nView cannot
detect lcd monitor.
And monitor goes to stand by mode.
I guess system is not getting any signal from the Samsung 191T LCD.
It works perfectly fine with Analog, but I want DVI connection.
Can anybody tell what the problem is?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English!

itsocool @ hotmail.com