Old July 28th 04, 05:29 PM
the gnome

Probably, the raid will be set up dependant on the smaller of the drives.

But why not ghost your data etc across and use the older drive for
non-essential stuff, like games apps etc.

the_gnome

"Matt Fletcher" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I have a 120GB IBM Deskstar and after being concerned that it might bite

the
dust in the future (heard some dodgy stories about deathstars)
I want to set up a RAID 1 array.

I bought a Seagate 120GB drive since I didn;t want another IBM.

My question is would I be able to use this Seagate disk to mirror the IBM

as
the BIOS reports the IBM size as 117XXX in size and the Seagate 114XXX in
size.

Is there any way theyre gonna work together?

Thanks in advance,

Matt