Old May 22nd 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Sjouke Burry

Default HIGH Screen resolution kills performance in WIN/XP?

Frank McCoy wrote:
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "KCB"
wrote:

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "KCB"

wrote:

Frank, 1600*1200 has 156,000 more pixels than your 1680*1050. Other
than being wide-screen, how is yours a tad better?
Because the pixels on the LCD screen are *much* better defined; and
don't bleed into each other like those on a CRT do. This makes
(viewing-wise) much clearer Icons and even text; almost like going up
the next step in resolution to 2400x1800, without having to change
sizes
of everything to match. Each pixel is more *distinct* from the next
one. Also, the screen is *always* filled out to the edges, perfectly
square, with no tilt, keystone, pincushion, or other defect like
purity
and misalignment that you get in CRT screens at similar definitions.

So the LCD panel at close to the same number of pixels *greatly*
outshines the CRT at the a similar resolution.

That's why I bought it ... That and the CRT getting a tad jittery.

IOW, that's your opinion. You stated it previously as if it were fact.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Um ... It *IS* fact.
Look at both side-by-side, and you'll SEE the difference!
Especially if you use magnification.

I know ... I've got two side-by-side right here and now.
The 21" CRT looks crappy by comparison at 1600x1200 and the LCD at
1680x1050; and that's one damned *EXPENSIVE* CRT monitor!

Actually, I have *three* fairly expensive 21" monitors, all darned good
ones; and all three look crappy next to the LCD if you examine each
closely. Stand back about four feet, and you can't see any difference,
of course.

Don't believe me.
Don't take my word for it.
Go somewhere and LOOK at the two side-by-side.
There's a damned good reason for the LCD looking better by far, *IF* you
have any real knowledge of how each technology works.

I've explained it several times in this thread.
All I can say now is go *LOOK* and see for yourself.
I'm not lying; and I'm NOT exaggerating!

The CRT monitors look fuzzy and out-of-focus next to the LCD panels at
similar resolutions. Most especially so at the corners. The LCD panels
also EXACTLY fill out the screen; while with good adjustment of a CRT
you can only get *close* to doing so without either not displaying the
whole thing, or leaving black borders in some parts of the screen.

Don't believe me?
Try it yourself and see!
Geesh.

Hell, come over to my house and I'll *SHOW* you the difference,
side-by-side with the same card driving both monitors.

Why dont you put a color photo on them side by side.
And then move your head a bit around.
And enjoy the horrible color depth of the LCD.