Old September 25th 03, 05:56 PM
hu man

Ok, thanks for the info.

"dr_hardwrae" wrote in message
t...

"hu man" hu wrote in message
news
This is an older system. I am assuming it was a whole gateway sys.

It
is
in a gateway 2000 case, registered to gateway, IBM PC/AT, ISA system

bus,
American Megatrends BIOS (4/30/96) version 1.00.11BS0T. I just found

this
info, that is why it was not included in original post. thanks.
"dr_hardwrae" wrote in message
t...

"hu man" hu
wrote in message
Hi
How can I tell if my old system can be overclocked? I would like

use
it to play around with different OS's, but it is quite slow. It is a
socket
5 Pentium 133 processor. I am not sure what kind of MB it is though.

If
someone could tell me if it is possible, I would greatly appreciate

it.
If
more info is needed, tell me what you need & where to find it. TIA

What kind of system? Home brew or brand name. Who makes the MB and

what
model is it?

Ok; well, Gateway uses MB's manufactured to their specs, in most cases, or
Intel MB's. They are not overclockable at all. There is no provision for
it in the BIOS or in the MB hardware.