Old January 7th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Matt[_6_]

Default Should I go Dual Core or Quad Core? Intel C2 DUO E6850 vs. Quad-CoreQ6600

Short-term the E6850 is probably the faster choice, so if you expect or
are planning to swap out your CPU in about half a year, then perhaps
that's the better choice.

I would say I'm open to swapping the CPU I get for a new one in the
future, but not that soon.

Basically, if I can overclock the Q6600 to 3.0GHz using a 1333MHz FSB,
using only the stock cooler, without reducing the life of the chip; then
I will get the Q6600.

Is this possible?

Kind Regards,

Matt