Old January 4th 08, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bob Fry

Default Should I go Dual Core or Quad Core? Intel C2 DUO E6850 vs. Quad-Core Q6600

"M" == Matt writes:
M I'm definitely running several apps at once, which is what
M makes this decision tricky

Only if your apps *use the cpu actively* (say 30% or greater). At the
moment my machine has--let me check--76 processes, but I'm using only
about 5-10% total cpu time (on a dual-core AMD).
--
A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but can't afford an air force.
~ William Blum