Old June 30th 04, 07:34 AM
Forrest

Default ATI video card with Hauppauge 250 PRV?

I read in a post about the Hauppauge
WinTV PVR 350

being a waste of money (video out feature) when
compared to the 250, (no video out). I'm about to buy one or the other and
have a question
about the video out on the 350.
My video card is a "Power Color" and says powered by, "ATI Radeon 9000 PRO
Evil Commando" 128mg DDR.

The video card has "video out" and
works well with the VCR and TV, but does one have to choose between the
monitor and
the TV? I want to be able to watch TV, or previously recorded programs on TV
through the capture card and still be
able to surf the web on my monitor at the same time. Will the "video out" on
my video card let me do that, or should I buy the video capture card with
the "video out"? Thanks.