Old March 9th 12, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
red floyd

Default Unlock AMD X3 455?

On 3/7/2012 8:43 PM, Paul wrote:
red floyd wrote:
I've got a GA-880GA-UD3H, and an Athlon II X3 455.

I'm using a stock heatsink, and a 500W power supply. Unlocking the
CPU reveals a fourth core. Given the PS and the heatsink, should I
have any issues if the CPU is unlocked/

The CPU support chart for the motherboard, handles up to 140W processors,
so that's not going to be a problem.

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down....aspx?pid=3789
[redacted for length]

*******

You need to test the "before" and "after" cases.

[redacted for length]

I suspect it will be OK. I accidentally ran for a couple of weeks on an
unlocked CPU without realizing it... I only noticed after a reboot that
Linux was reporting 4 cores.

The only issue I had was that the USB keyboard sometimes wasn't being
properly reset by the BIOS, and I had to reboot multiple times to get
into setup.

Thanks again,

red floyd