Old September 28th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox
Zomoniac

Default I seriously doubt Xbox 360's ability to do 1080p

On 2006-09-28 18:54:49 +0100, "AirRaid Mach 2.5" said:

Microsoft: Xbox 360 supports HD Component video output, which is
compatible with nearly every HD ready TV on the market today. That's
not yet true for HDMI. We are watching the market closely and will
continue to evaluate our solution, in the face of consumer demand.

Isn't the minimum requirement for a TV to carry the HD Ready sticker
that it supports 720p AND HDMI??

Cos those little 23" Samsung HDs that are in the 360 demo pods aren't
allowed to say HD Ready, since without HDCP over HDMI they can't
actually display HDTV.

So by definition, that statement makes no sense.

--
Zo

For Sale: FIFA RTWC 06, Fight Night Round 3, Oblivion (all 360)