Old July 11th 04, 09:17 PM
Thor

"condorito" wrote in message
Thanks , but i do know exactly what kind of memory will work with my Pc,
pc100, the question was to confrim my guesses as to why pc100 128mb and
pc100 64mb dont work together.

Some boards have odd preferences about module capacity combinations (for
example I have a 440EX board that will not accept a 128MB module in the
first slot with 32MB modules in each of the other two slots, but it will
take 128MB modules in all three), and some simply are sensitive to the
mixing of different brands/configurations os modules. There is also more to
consider these days than merely capacity, or speed. Most PC-100 and PC-133
modules made these days use chips of 256mbit denstiy instead of the older
128mbit density common just 2 or 3 years ago. A board using a chipset with
this limitation will typically manifest the issue as a boot failure, or
complete lack of recognition for the module. This was possibly the case with
the PC-133 module you attempted to install.