Old September 1st 03, 11:26 PM
Ron Cohen

Did you read this?

If you refill before the tanks are empty which is what most
users do, especially if you keep two sets of tanks and swap all at the same
time, then the monitor won't reset to full. This isn't a problem as the

only
real use for the monitor is to show when the ink is running low

or this?

If you want to force a reset, just insert a blank cartridge
in place of the new one.

In my first posting I specifically said the only real use for the monitor is
to show when a tank is running low.
In my follow-up posting to a specific question I replied "If you want to
force a reset". I believe the operative word is 'want'. That would mean if
the user so chooses to do so.

Why does it bother you so much if a user wants to reset a monitor? As to why
a user would want to force a reset, I have no idea. Why does one person want
a Canon printer when another wants an Epson? I prefer Canons, but I'm sure
those who favor Epson's can be quite persuasive in their arguments. All I
was doing was pointing out something that has come up on this newsgroup
several times in the past.
--
Ron Cohen

"Bill" wrote in message
Ron Cohen wrote:

Read my previous posting in this same thread and you'll find that's
essentially what I said.

I did already, hence the post.

You specifically mentioned forcing a reset:

Ron Cohen wrote:

That's correct. If you want to force a reset, just insert a blank
cartridge

I'm curious to know why a reset would be needed.