Old August 29th 03, 01:36 PM
Taliesyn

Ron Cohen wrote:
Those cartridges sound like a good alternative to using one of our do it
yourself methods. The price isn't bad either, but it really isn't much of a
problem using rubber bands or tape. They're definately an improvement on hot
glue or set screws. I'm not concerned about what the tanks look like. I
only care about the printed output. One thing to be aware of when refilling
is that your ink monitor will not show a full cartridge once you have done a
refill unless the low ink warning has come on. That's the only time the ink
monitor will be reset and then it's only for the one tank that generated the
low ink warning.

In other words... when you swap a set of colors when one cartridge reads
"low", the monitor automatically resets to "full" for that cartridge.
The others hadn't reached "low" yet so there was nothing to reset, they
will read "full" as previously. This is what happens on my i850.

-Taliesyn