Old August 15th 03, 07:07 PM
Keith Clark

wrestleantares wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:52:49 -0400, "Tea Nes" wrote:

$13.77 from $1.52 is not 12 percent. You must be wrong, that 900% and I
doubt it went that high.

"rising $1.52 to $13.77"

So former price was:

Anyone....

That's right for those of you able to read and do math it's $12.25.

Notice how it did not say: "rising from $1.52 to $13.77"

I checked with CBS Market watch (link from Yahoo Finance) and they say the
price only jumped by 6%. Still, makes me wish I'd bought some ATI stock
earlier.

CNN the other day was covering Quakecon, and explaining the benefits of a
graphics card update. I thought it was one of the best techincal stories ever
done on a mainstream news show. Anyway they went on to say that most people
wanting to play Doom 3 would need an upgrade. They mentioned ATI and Nvidia,
but the only card they actually talked about was an ATI 9800. So guess what
impression that leaves with the public.

I love my Nvidia Fx5600 based card but I'm still thinking of buying some ATI
stock before Doom 3 comes out...

Keith