Old June 24th 03, 11:54 AM
Maximus

"Gustav Medler" wrote in message
weuntouchable wrote/schrieb:

I just had similiar issues flashing p4p800 deluxe to 1007 using
Afudos. I lost video and switched cards and it said the bios was
corrupted. I reflashed with the crashfree bios using 1007 and somehow
it took, I put back in the original video card and everything works.
Since I don't like that kind of workaround I don't think I will update
the bios any further unless a serious problem occurs that is fixed by
an update.

Same problems while updating to 1007. AFUDOS must _not_ be used with
Bios 1007 (p4p81007.ami from asus international site
http://www.asus.it/support/download/...4P800%20Deluxe ).

But: How to update to version 1007? Version 1006 brings an installer
with it...
--
Best regards/ MfG,
Gustav Medler

I found out that EZ-Flash can be used. DO NOT use Afudos.

First, download new bios, 1007 or the beta version 1008.004 for P4P800.
Then unzip the file into a folppy disk, rename it to P4P800.ROM,
and at boot, press Alt + F2 to use EZ-Flash.

The flash will automatically read the file P4P800.ROM, and flash it.

Then, reboot, press DEL to get into BIOS settings, ( you can see the new
bios
version is on screen now ), load the default settings, save, reboot.

To make sure I do not confuse, each original bios version is in the same
floppy;
i.e., I have the 1007.zip and its file as P4P800.ROM in one floppy;

and in the second floppy disk, the beta 1008.004 is with its unzipped one
with
the name P4P800.ROM; so I can know which is which.

HTMH ( Hope this may help )

Maximus