Old February 15th 09, 06:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
kony

Default ClearType font smoothing is not working correctly

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:45:59 -0600, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

I bought a new ViewSonic VA2226w monitor and text on the
screen appears more blurry than on my conventional aspect
ratio ViewSonic monitor. Is this because the 1680 x 1050
widescreen aspect ratio?

If you are using an older integrated video chipset, it's
slow ramdac can also account for the problem, but primarily
it would be the original, included cable if that is what
you're using.