Old October 26th 07, 10:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Rick F

Default Any reason to NOT get a use Proliant DL580?

Someone locally is selling a used DL580 for $80.. It's populated w/
2Gb of RAM, and two 900Mhz Xeon processors.. The only thing I don't
know about yet is what generation machine it is.. Anyway, assuming
there are no huge differences between generations, is there anything
special I should know about these and anything in particular I should
be looking for? I gather it may consume more power than my current
6400r does (~$40/mo) since it's got more fans (the 580 that is).. I
believe I saw some notes from Jez (?) about modifying the fans to run
at partial speeds until a certain temp was achieved in an effort to
reduce power consumption.. Might be a good thing to look into..

Thx!