Old June 25th 07, 01:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default RAM upgrade on MS-6577 M-ATX Rev. 3.1 motherboard

I had 256MB of DDR PC3200 installed and wanted more. I thought I
found a good deal on ebay 2 sticks of 1GB DDR PC3200 made my NCP. Ad
stated that it was new. I install either or both of the sticks in
either or both of the slots and get a beep and the computer won't
start. Online chat with compaq (who made the 'puter) recommended BIOS
upgrade--didn't help. it still works with the original stick of RAM.
Any thoughts? Did I get bad RAM?