Old November 29th 11, 08:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Allen Drake

Default LED power requirement.

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:28:09 -0600, Grinder
wrote:

On 11/28/2011 7:11 PM, Allen Drake wrote:
On 28 Nov 2011 23:15:02 GMT, John wrote:

Another possibility... You could try connecting the LED through
one of your 5 V DC connectors. And use a variable resistor set to
limit the current to 5 or 10 milliamps. And then carefully adjust
the resistor to the brightness you want. Then if you want the
variable resistor for some other use maybe later, you can
disconnect it and use a fixed resistor. I used to mess around a
lot with LEDs. I think a standard sized LED might take up to about
20 milliamps, but I'm sure LEDs have changed a lot since then. I
don't recall very many blue LEDs at the time

The lead goes to something that is underneath a rubber cover that
then connects to two tube shaped LEDs. From many hours of searching
all I could come up with about that case complaints about no
documentation so I thought someone on this group has encountered
similar situations. I will have to cut open that rubber and see what's
inside and take some photos like you say.

Are you sure that those "tube shaped LEDs" aren't cold cathode tubes?

No I am not. What would that mean as far as getting them to work? That
just might be what they are. They look like tubes with bubbles
suspended in some sort of liquid.