Old October 16th 03, 01:56 PM
Terry King

Default Do onboard peripherals ALWAYS share the same PCI Slot?

I have a GA-7NNXP but other are similar, I believe.

I need just 2 PCI slots for add-on high speed audio cards, BUT
I can't figure out how to make onboard peripherals that seem to
share the PCI Slot interrupts move outta there!

My system has the 1Gb LAN, The AGP and two RAID controllers
that ALWAYS share whatever interrupt that is assigned (by one
of many methods) to a PCI card slot. And I NEED a dedicated
interrupt.

Anyone understand this?

Can I use Advanced BIOS to somehow reassign what PCI slot they
share interrupts with?? Understand: I can reassign an interrupt, but the
"shadow" peripheral is shown now with THAT interrupt.. Grr..

Is this hard wired??

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?