Old June 10th 04, 12:15 PM
larrymoencurly

wrote in message . ..

Kingston HyperX RAM because it was recommended to me by someone I
trust.

I've bought only their ValueRAM, and it often comes with no-name
chips. If HyperX doesn't have name brand chips on it, I wouldn't pay
extra for it.

Lite-On Black 52X32X52X16 Combo because I don't want to take the
plunge with a DVD burner yet. When I do, I will still want two
optical drives (one to copy from and the other to burn to).

I haven't paid anything for my last 3-4 CD writers, net of rebates,
and
www.salescircular.com has informaton about local deals. I haven't
seen any DVD writers selling for less than $50-60, after rebate, but
the best buy right now may be the bare NEC ND-2500A (no software
included) from www.newegg.com, $70-75, delivered (price varies by
color and day of the week). The dual-layer version, ND-2510A, is
available for about $92.

Now that you all know why I decided on this configuration, I would
appreciate any input. Maybe I am missing something that I didn't
think about before. I have been given some great ideas in this group.

Here is a link to my configuration:
http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=728465

Thanks,
Jim