Old April 17th 04, 04:05 PM
Peter Ives

Default Which fingers correct for wheelmouse?

In article om,
CrackerJack writes
Which fingers do you use on a standard wheelmouse? One with two
buttons plus another button on the wheel.

I use my forefinger on the left button and use the next finger on
the right button. When I want to roll or press the wheel I use my
forefinger.

But this utility http://kickme.to/katmouse seems to suggest that
you have to have one finger on each button plus another finger on
the mouse. It says

"you can scroll most windows page-wise by
holding the wheel button over the window and
clicking the left (up) or right (down) mouse
button. If you hold the left or right mouse
button, you'll get continuous, accelerating
pagewise scrolling."

Does any work with the fimgers in the right place for that? If so
then maybe I been using my wheel mouse wrongly all this time!

Yeah, I have 3 fingers on my mouse, forefinger left button, middle
finger on scroll wheel and ring finger? on right button. However, don't
get too worried if you do it differently as long as you're comfortable.
--
Peter Ives
Remove ALL_STRESS only before sending me an email