Old April 28th 19, 03:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default what is the difference between a canon pgi-550 and a pgi-570 cart?

Le lundi 7 janvier 2019 10:03:46 UTC+1, a écritÂ*:
Op woensdag 15 februari 2017 14:57:00 UTC+1 schreef :
On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 1:07:46 PM UTC+1, Martin 忽帕 wrote:
Hello
what is the physical difference between a canon pgi-550 and a pgi-570
cart?
They look similar in size & appearance but the 550/551 will not work
in my Canon MG7750

Any ideas please
Thank you
--
Martin
忽帕

Hello.

I also have the same problem I brought the 550 and 551 for my Canon and I need 570 or 571. You mentioned a way to reset the chips so the printer accepts the other cartridge?

The wrong catridges fit the printer just wont accept the 550.

Can you help explain?

I had the same problem as described above, a way around this is to swap the chips.
Place the chip of the old 570/571 cartridge on the new 550/551 cartridge, cut the 4 glue pins and they just come off.
Ink level will not be shown correct but you can use the 550/551 cartrdige just fine.

Greetings.

i tried it works but make a test before with the old cartridge because there is a glue point (in the middle of the chip) you'll have to remove very carefully if not this will break the chip I sawed the cartridge with a metal blade as fine as possible cutted the 4 pins. I removed the little plastic pin in the middle on the new one and then i used an adhesive tape to fix it